No, it’s not Fried Rice Noodles. It is Fried Rice with Noodles which is a combination of both fried rice and fried noodles in one. I’m not sure how I got the idea to do something like this but I just remember coming across this dish somewhere before. Anyway, I made this dish Asian-style like how I would do a Nasi Goreng except that I added whole wheat noodles in it. I forgot that I was adding carbs to carbs so didn’t measure the right portions of ingredients. This recipe was good enough to feed a big family of 5-6 persons. Well, can always keep extras for the next day like what I did – still tasted good!
Easy one-dish meal for the family. Give it a try!
FRIED RICE WITH NOODLES RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 5-6)
- 300g kai lan (Chinese broccoli)
- 300g skinless & boneless chicken leg, cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 150g whole wheat noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp sambal chilli
- 4 tbsp kecap manis
- 100g dried anchovies, baked in oven at 170 deg C for 15 minutes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp olive oil
- chopped spring onions as garnish
- Heat oil in pan and saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add the chicken and stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
- Add the kai lan and stir fry till the leaves just about wither.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pan and pour in the egg on the other side.
- Scramble the egg till cooked and combine with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the rice and break up any lumps with the spatula.
- Add the noodles, sambal chilli and kecap manis and stir fry thoroughly till everything is well combined.
- Stir in the anchovies.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve.