Bought some green mangoes from the Thai Supermarket @ Golden Mile Complex (S$6.50/kg) and made this green mango salad. It’s really very easy to make this because the dressing is just a simple concoction of fish sauce, sugar and lime juice.
The key is to strike a balance between the ingredients as the dressing is not supposed to overpower the natural sweet and sour taste of the mango.
Added some dried prawns too which I lightly toasted in a frying pan with a little bit of oil to draw out its aroma even more. Enjoy!
GREEN MANGO SALAD RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6 as one of few side dishes)
- 2 green mangoes, peeled & shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled & shredded
- 1 red onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp dried prawns, rinsed & toasted in frying pan with 1 tsp olive oil
- roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- juice from 5 calamansi limes
- 4 bird’s eye chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Stir to mix till sugar dissolves and set aside.
- Put all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over and toss thoroughly to combine.
- If not eating immediately, chill in fridge for flavours to marry.