This is a poultry version of my Pulled Pork Recipe. I had made some adjustments to the sauce by using fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones and also added water to give it more moisture. And for a refreshing change, I decided to use store-bought frozen chapati as a wrap instead of the regular tortilla wrap we would always get. Haha, I just love fusion mix-and-match as always 😉 And I was glad I did that because it was really delicious! 🙂 Try it and let me know what you think!
Pulled Chicken Wrap Recipe
Ingredients (makes 8 wraps)
For the pulled chicken:
300g skinless & boneless chicken breast
4 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
8 pieces chapati
For the avocado salsa:
3 ripe avocados, pitted & diced
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 yellow onion, sliced
juice from 1 lemon
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix together all ingredients for the salsa and season with salt & pepper. Chill in fridge till ready to use.
2. Combine all ingredients for the pulled chicken (except chapati & lettuce) in a pan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes till chicken is cooked through.
4. Turn off heat and remove chicken from pan. Leave to cool slightly and then shred the chicken meat with your hands.
5. Return the shredded chicken into the sauce and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. While the chicken is simmering away, heat up a skillet with no oil and grill a chapati on both sides (flipping regularly so you don’t burn it) till the exterior becomes slightly crispy. Repeat for the rest of the chapatis.
7. To assemble the wrap, arrange some lettuce leaves on a chapati and spoon some pulled chicken over the lettuce. Top with some avocado salsa, roll up and enjoy!