If you’re a fan of Korean food, you should be very familiar with the bibimbap. It’s a scrumptious rice bowl with assorted vegetables, meat and egg (check out my Korean Bibimbap Recipe). Toss everything up with some kimchi and gochujang and eat it like a mixed rice – just like how those Korean stars in K-dramas always do.
Today, I’m making something different. It’s an Omega-3 rich pasta bibimbap in which I’ve replaced the usual meat with an oven-baked salmon fillet. Also, I omitted the rice this time and used fusilli instead.
This may be a non-conventional dish but it’s definitely a tasty one, nonetheless. Really like the crunch of the vegetables. It’s probably one of the best ways to have more veggies in our diet too. 👍🏼
The carb and protein are substitutable i.e. you can also use spaghetti, soba noodles, ramen noodles, other types of fish or seafood. Endless possibilities.
Give it a try!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 100g bean sprouts, blanched
- 100g baby bok choy, blanched
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned, blanched
- 1 cucumber, peeled & julienned
- cabbage kimchi
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- pinch of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 fried eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 servings of cooked fusilli or a pasta of your choice