If you’re a fan of Korean food, you should be very familiar with the bibimbap. It’s a scrumptious rice bowl with assorted vegetables, meat and egg (check out my Korean Bibimbap Recipe). Toss everything up with some kimchi and gochujang and eat it like a mixed rice – just like how those Korean stars in K-dramas always do.
Today, I’m making something different. It’s an Omega-3 rich pasta bibimbap in which I’ve replaced the usual meat with an oven-baked salmon fillet. Also, I omitted the rice this time and used fusilli instead.
This may be a non-conventional dish but it’s definitely a tasty one, nonetheless. Really like the crunch of the vegetables. It’s probably one of the best ways to have more veggies in our diet too. ??
The carb and protein are substitutable i.e. you can also use spaghetti, soba noodles, ramen noodles, other types of fish or seafood. Endless possibilities.
Give it a try!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 100g bean sprouts, blanched
- 100g baby bok choy, blanched
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned, blanched
- 1 cucumber, peeled & julienned
- cabbage kimchi
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- pinch of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 fried eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 servings of cooked fusilli or a pasta of your choice